Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome! Who am I and why I'm starting this



Hello EverGreen Hosts! 

Welcome! Through this blog I will provide you with the information that you need to plan events that are chic and eco-friendly. This blog is committed to conservation, sustainability, elegance, and fun (at an affordable price) and it will offer you practical advice, useful resources, and interesting insights. I want your celebrations to be both fabulous in the moment and to reflect your long-term commitment to community, the planet, and the future. 

Before we get the ball rolling, let me tell you a little bit about myself and why I started this blog. My name is Sarah and I am currently a senior at Barnard College, Columbia University in New York City. I'll tell a story that might sound familiar both to my fellow college students out there and to readers more broadly. It's Friday night, friends come for dinner, the evening ends, and then I take the garbage out. I'm horrified. There were only 8 people sitting around the table and yet we've managed to fill 2 large garbage bags.




And that's just the waste that's lingering in front of my front door. Who knows how much gas was expended transporting our food, how much pollution exists as a result of the plastic table cloth's manufacturing, or how much water has gone down the drain? A fun evening has ended, but I know that it's left a larger footprint on the environment than it should have. My point being - I've been a culprit of producing excessive waste and of damaging the environment, but I've made changes to my hosting habits, and so can you! 

As this blog develops, you and I will become better, greener party hosts.

In order for this blog to grow into the best it can be - I would love to hear your questions, ideas, tips, etc. 

Be in touch: 
Email: EverGreenHost@Gmail.com
Twitter: @EverGreenHost1

Excited to share more with you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment